Welcome to Clemson!
We are so excited that you are registering for Clemson Panhellenic's Primary Recruitment!
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION!
We are so excited that you are interested in participating in Sorority Recruitment at Clemson University! Women interested in participating in Recruitment can register online via the 2017 Sorority Recruitment Registration Form starting Thursday, June 1st, 2017, at 8am EST.
Registration will close on Sunday, August 13, 2017, at 11:59pm EST. No registrations will be accepted after this date and time.
The 2017 Recruitment Schedule can be found by clicking the schedule tab listed under recruitment.
If you are a new student who is living on campus, please plan to move into your residence hall between 8am and noon on Friday, August 18th. At the end of the primary recruitment registration process, you will receive an email with a link to sign up for a move-in time for Friday, August 18th. Please complete this form immediately after completing your Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment Registration.
June 1st (at 8am EST)- June 30th Early Registration - $175
July 1st (at 8am EST) – August 2nd (at Noon EST) - $200
Recruitment applications will not be processed until the application fee is received. If you are missing any registration material, CU Panhellenic Recruitment will send you a reminder email. No cash accepted. Payment must be completed through online form only.
No registration refunds will be given.
To officially register, you must pay the fee at the end of the registration form, and you will need to submit the following:
- Your Clemson Email Address
- Your Clemson student ID #
- Emergency Contact Information
- Parent/Guardian Information
- An Official, Electronic Transcript (high school for incoming freshman, on an unweighted 4.0 scale OR college for transfer students)
- A Solo Picture of Yourself
- Legacy Information (if applicable)
- Your Activities/Honors/Interests
When you register you will create a personal account. Please write down and save your username and password information for future registration form changes. You will also need this account information to make your selections after rounds of recruitment.
Please note: registration takes about 15-20 minutes to complete. Please be prepared to fully register when you start your application. If you leave your computer during the process your account may be deleted. If this happens, do not be alarmed, please just make a new account. You must complete the registration process and pay fees before the deadline, as the registration form will time out exactly at 11:59pm EST on Sunday, August 13, 2017.
As required by the National Panhellenic Conference, there is not a GPA requirement to participate in primary recruitment at Clemson University.
- Typical sorority average to extend a membership invitation is a 3.00 cumulative GPA. Women who have below a 3.00 GPA are advised they are at a greater risk to be released from the primary recruitment process due to their academics.
- For 2016 primary recruitment, freshmen who joined a sorority had an high school cumulative GPA average of 3.74 and upperclassmen had an average cumulative GPA of 3.36.
- Freshmen or students with less than 12 college credit hours will use their final, cumulative, high school grade point average as reported by their high school. Students with more than 12 college credit hours will use their college, cumulative, grade point average as reported by their academic institution.
To help students understand how their GPA may affect their primary recruitment experience, the Panhellenic Council created Grade Zones to show how academics may factor in primary recruitment.
Green Zone = Your options are not likely limited based on your GPA. (3.0 + )
Yellow Zone = Your options are more likely to be limited by your GPA. (2.8 – 2.99)
Red Zone = Your options are very likely to be limited based on GPA. (2.79 and below)
Circle of Sisterhood BBQ
This year, the Panhellenic Council will be hosting a Circle of Sisterhood BBQ on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at Esso from 4:30-8:30pm. There will be a $10 entry fee for this event. All entry fee money is given to the Panhellenic wide philanthropy, Circle of Sisterhood. There will be an option on the online payment form to include this $10 into your final registration total.
For example: Registration ($200) + Circle of Sisterhood BBQ ($10) = $210
This event is not mandatory, but is a great opportunity to learn more about the Circle of Sisterhood, spend time with Panhellenic Exec and the Pi Chi, and to get to know the other women going through the recruitment process.
Panhellenic will be providing each PNM a round 1 t-shirt and a round 2 t-shirt to wear during recruitment. Since both round 1 and round 2 will span over two days, you have the option to purchase a second t-shirt for both round 1 and round 2. Any additional t-shirts ordered will be given to you during recruitment orientation with your other t-shirts and goodies. Please use the following links to order additional t-shirts.
The ability to order additional t-shirts is now closed.
As a friendly reminder, Clemson can be very hot and humid this time of year. Getting a size up in your t-shirt may be helpful in keeping you as comfortable as possible!
PLEASE NOTE: After 5pm on Thursday, August 3rd, we are not able to guarantee you the t-shirt size you select when completing your registration as we will have already placed the t-shirt order. We have ordered extra shirts to provide to those who register after 5pm on August 3rd.
Round 1 T-Shirt
The navy t-shirt is for both days of Round 1 (Saturday, August 19th and Sunday, August 20th). This t-shirt does not have anything on the back. Please know there is an additional $7 cost associated with ordering a second t-shirt. If you would like to purchase an additional round 1 t-shirt, please click the button below. The ability to order additional t-shirts is now closed.
Round 2 T-Shirt
The purple shirt is for both days of Round 2 (Monday, August 21st and Tuesday, August 22nd). Please know there is an additional $10 cost associated with ordering a second t-shirt. $3 from the round 2 t-shirt will be given to Circle of Sisterhood, Clemson Panhellenic's national philanthropy. If you would like to purchase an additional round 2 t-shirt, please click the button below. The ability to order additional t-shirts is now closed.
IMPORTANT - BY REGISTERING FOR PRIMARY RECRUITMENT YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE FOLLOWING:
This is a disclosure policy. By agreeing to this policy, you are stating that you have given permission to release all of the enclosed information, including grades, as well as records provided by the University to the Clemson Panhellenic Council and its member sororities for the sole purpose of 2017 Primary Recruitment.
- ACADEMIC RECORD RELEASE: I understand that all sororities at Clemson University emphasize academic performance. I also understand that if my grade point average is below a "B" my success in the recruitment process may be hindered. I hereby give my consent to release all of the enclosed information, including grades, to the Clemson University Panhellenic council and its member sororities for the sole purpose of 2017 Primary Recruitment.
- I understand that alcohol and illegal drugs are prohibited from use during primary recruitment. The Panhellenic Council will dismiss from recruitment anyone found in violation and will refer all violations to the Office of Community and Ethical Standards.
- I am encouraged to attend the maximum number of recruitment rounds and parties that I can each day of recruitment in order to maximize my chances of receiving an invitation for membership.
- I agree to notify the Panhellenic Council in writing if I choose to withdraw myself from recruitment.
- I understand that participation in sorority recruitment is not a guarantee that I will receive a bid to join a Panhellenic sorority.
- If I choose to join a sorority, I waive my rights granted to me by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 and permit Clemson to release academic information about me to this sorority, chapter advisors and inter/national headquarters. I understand that this waiver will be in effect until I notify the Panhellenic Council, in writing, that I no longer wish to allow such information to be released.
- I understand the the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life will send a letter to my parents/guardians if I accept a bid to join a Panhellenic sorority.
I have read and understand the above regulations and agree to abide by these rules and agreements throughout my participation in primary recruitment. Infractions or violations of these regulations could result in being released by the Panhellenic Council from the recruitment process.
INFORMATION DISCLOSURE: By submitting a registration form, I agree to the terms listed above and allow my registration information to be made available to Clemson University Panhellenic Council and sorority chapters as part of the recruitment process.
Please know, if you do not complete all of the required fields and pay the recruitment fee at this time, the account you create will be deleted and you will have to start over.
Once you have entered all of the required information and paid the recruitment fee, using your email address and password that you create, you will be able to log back into the site to update and change information. The only information you will not be able to update is the GPA you enter.
If you have any further questions that are not answered on this page or on the Clemson Panhellenic website please contact
Anna Katsis, Vice President of Recruitment, at email@example.com