We cannot wait to meet all of our PNMs!
2018 Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment Registration has closed.
Before you register for Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment, you must complete an online recruitment education program referred to as Potential New Member Orientation (PNMO). PNMO strives to make the process of joining a sorority easier to understand so that all Potential New Members (PNMs) know what to expect from the recruitment process. PNMO is a self-paced educational tool that serves as a continuing resource for PNMs throughout the recruitment process and provides consistent education to all PNMs.
This online Potentail New Member Orientation (PNMO) is REQUIRED for all students who plan to register for Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment.
To access PNMO, please click on the following link. Please note, once you click on the link, your next step will be to click the "Buy $15.00" button at the top of the page, create an account, and then pay the $15.00. This account is not the same account you will use to register for recruitment, and the $15.00 charge is separate from the recruitment fee listed below.
Please note that the online PNMO is required education, but it does not take the place of the in person recruitment orientation sessions held for PNMs on Monday, August 13, 2018.
Learn more about all of the recruitment education we provide by clicking, HERE.
The registration fee for 2018 Primary Recruitment:
June 1, 2018 - July 15, 2018: $220
July 16, 2018 - July 30, 2018: $275
Recruitment registrations will not be processed until the registration fee is received. If you are missing any registration material, a member of the recruitment team will send you a reminder email. No cash accepted. Payment must be completed through online form only.
No registration refunds will be given.
You must be fully admitted to Clemson University by July 30th in order to register for recruitment and participate in the recruitment process.
To officially register, you must pay the fee at the end of the registration form, and you will need to submit the following:
- Your Clemson Email Address
- Your Clemson student ID #
- Emergency Contact Information
- Parent/Guardian Information
- Your GPA
- You will need to enter you GPA on a 4.0 unweighted scale. If your high school does not calculate your GPA on a 4.0 unweighted scale, please click HERE for a GPA calculator tool so that you can calculate your GPA to meet the registration requirements.
- An Official, Electronic Transcript (please be prepared to obtain this item from your previous institution, scan it to a computer, and then upload it during the registration process)
- high school transcript for incoming freshman
- college transcript for transfer students
- current Clemson students may upload an unofficial transcript
- A Solo Picture of Yourself
- Legacy Information (if applicable)
- Your Activities/Honors/Interests
When you register you will create a personal account. Please write down and save your username and password information for future registration form changes. You will also need this account information to make your selections after rounds of recruitment.
Please note: registration takes about 20-30 minutes to complete. Please be prepared to fully register when you start your application. If you leave your computer during the process your account may be deleted. If this happens, do not be alarmed, please just make a new account. You must complete the registration process and pay fees before the deadline, as the registration form will time out exactly at 4:30pm EST on Monday, July 30, 2018.
On Campus Housing
If you are a student who is living on campus, please plan to move into your residence hall between 8am and noon on Monday, August 13, 2018. At the end of the primary recruitment registration process, you will receive an email with a link to sign up for a move-in time for Monday, August 13th. After completing your Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment Registration, you may complete the move-in form starting June 11, 2018.
As required by the National Panhellenic Conference, there is not a GPA requirement to participate in primary recruitment at Clemson University.
- Typical sorority average to extend a membership invitation is a 3.00 cumulative GPA. Women who have below a 3.00 GPA are advised they are at a greater risk to be released from the primary recruitment process due to their academics.
- For 2017 primary recruitment, freshmen who joined a sorority had an high school cumulative GPA average of 3.92 and upperclassmen had an average cumulative GPA of 3.45.
- Freshmen or students with less than 12 college credit hours will use their final, cumulative, high school grade point average as reported by their high school. Students with more than 12 college credit hours will use their college, cumulative, grade point average as reported by their academic institution.
To help students understand how their GPA may affect their primary recruitment experience, the Panhellenic Council created Grade Zones to show how academics may factor in primary recruitment.
Green Zone = Your options are not likely limited based on your GPA. (3.0 +)
Yellow Zone = Your options are more likely to be limited by your GPA. (2.8 – 2.99)
Red Zone = Your options are very likely to be limited based on GPA. (2.79 and below)
Panhellenic will be providing each PNM a round 1 t-shirt and a round 2 t-shirt to wear during recruitment.
Round 1 T-Shirt
The navy t-shirt will be worn on Tuesday, August 14th and Wednesday, August 15th for Round 1.
Round 2 T-Shirt
The coral t-shirt will be worn on Thursday, August 16th for Round 2.
IMPORTANT - BY REGISTERING FOR PRIMARY RECRUITMENT YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE FOLLOWING:
This is a disclosure policy. By agreeing to this policy, you are stating that you have given permission to release all of the enclosed information, including grades, as well as records provided by the University to the Clemson Panhellenic Council and its member sororities for the sole purpose of 2018 Primary Recruitment.
- ACADEMIC RECORD RELEASE: I understand that all sororities at Clemson University emphasize academic performance. I also understand that if my grade point average is below a "B" my success in the recruitment process may be hindered. I hereby give my consent to release all of the enclosed information, including grades, to the Clemson University Panhellenic Council and its member sororities for the sole purpose of 2018 Primary Recruitment.
- I understand that alcohol and illegal drugs are prohibited from use during primary recruitment. The Panhellenic Council will dismiss from recruitment anyone found in violation and will refer all violations to the Office of Community and Ethical Standards.
- I am encouraged to attend the maximum number of recruitment rounds and parties that I can each day of recruitment in order to maximize my chances of receiving an invitation for membership.
- I agree to notify the Panhellenic Council in writing if I choose to withdraw myself from recruitment.
- I understand that participation in sorority recruitment is not a guarantee that I will receive a bid to join a Panhellenic sorority.
- If I choose to join a sorority, I waive my rights granted to me by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 and permit Clemson to release academic information about me to this sorority, chapter advisors and inter/national headquarters. I understand that this waiver will be in effect until I notify the Panhellenic Council, in writing, that I no longer wish to allow such information to be released.
- I understand the the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life will send a letter to my parents/guardians if I accept a bid to join a Panhellenic sorority.
I have read and understand the above regulations and agree to abide by these rules and agreements throughout my participation in primary recruitment. Infractions or violations of these regulations could result in being released by the Panhellenic Council from the recruitment process.
INFORMATION DISCLOSURE: By submitting a registration form, I agree to the terms listed above and allow my registration information to be made available to Clemson University Panhellenic Council and its member sororities as part of the recruitment process.
Please know, if you do not complete all of the required fields and pay the recruitment fee at this time, the account you create will be deleted and you will have to start over.
Once you have entered all of the required information and paid the recruitment fee, using your email address and password that you create, you will be able to log back into the site to update and change information. The only information you will not be able to update is the GPA you enter.
If you have any further questions that are not answered on this page or on the Clemson Panhellenic website please contact
Anna Katsis, Vice President of Recruitment, at email@example.com