What is a Pi Chi?
A Recruitment Counselor, better known as a Pi Chi, is a member of the Panhellenic community who has chosen to disassociate from her own chapter to help unbiasedly lead a group of PNMs through the primary recruitment process.
- Someone who is a positive representation of the Greek Community
- Someone who will strive to foster a positive Panhellenic spirit before and after Recruitment
- Someone who is a clear and confident communicator
- Someone who values and respects diversity
- Someone who understands that listening is often more important than talking
- Someone who will be a valuable resource to the Potential New Members all at times
- Someone who will be well-educated on all of the chapters on campus
- Someone who will abide by the rules and respects and foster the same in the Potential New Members
She is NOT…
- Someone who only wants to promote her own chapter
- Someone who solely focuses on the social aspects of women’s fraternities
- Someone who who wants to take away from the Potential New Member’s Experience by reliving her own recruitment
Purpose of a Pi Chi
- To stimulate and maintain interest in joining a sorority
- To make the Potential New Member feel she has a Panhellenic friend whom is working in her best interest and capable of guiding her relationships with chapters
- To assist Potential New Members in adjusting to Clemson University and life away from home
- To help make the recruitment experience an enjoyable and memorable one for the Potential New Members
- To promote a positive attitude toward all Panhellenic chapters and the entire Clemson University Greek Community
- To be available to a Potential New Member at all times to help them and offer guidance in a one-on-one situation
- To consult the Head Pi Chi, the Vice President of Recruitment, or the Panhellenic advisor of any major problems
- To explain and assist with the mechanics of Recruitment
- To be a role model for Potential New Members as well as other Panhellenic women AT ALL TIMES!
What you need to know about your Pi Chi
- You will meet your Pi Chi after Recruitment Orientation on Friday, August 18th, 2017.
- She is SO excited to meet you! She has been training for this position for 8 months and could not be more excited to guide you through the Recruitment process.
- Each Pi Chi will have between 15 and 20 Potential New Members in her Pi Chi group.
- Your Pi Chi is a resource for you at all times! Whether you have a question about what to wear to rounds, how to get to a class, or you are struggling with adjusting to life away from home, your Pi Chi will be there for you before, during, and after recruitment.
- Your Pi Chi has disassociated from her chapter to be an unbiased resource for you, please do not try to reveal her affiliation before she tells you on Bid Day.
- Your Pi Chi was chosen out of a very competitive pool of applicants. We love her and hope you do!